• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

I've heard somewhere that the one we use is kind of greatly outdated, thanks to rAthena (and Hercules?) never bothering to update it after some point in Renewal. The fact that http://calc.irowiki.org/ gives me a much higher number for my current equipment and stats as well also makes me wonder if this is the case (although I have no idea if the formula there is updated enough either).

I don't really have the means or knowledge to test if our formula really is wrong, so could someone more capable double check this?

#2 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

If someone manage to give me the updated formula, I'd be glad to implement it right away :)

#3 Bite

Bite

8bit

• Player
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

As I've mentioned before somewhere...

I'd love to have Cookie's ASPD formula. :wub:

#4 Lexii

Lexii

Only God Knows Why

• Player
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Cookie ASPD formula please.

#5 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

Wasn't Cookie aspd too easy?

#6 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

That formula was a bag of issues with certain jobs, we're sticking as close as possible to the official one.

#7 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

I shall look it up when I get home.... nigguaz. :D

#8 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:23 AM

If someone manage to give me the updated formula, I'd be glad to implement it right away :)

Well, this is about as much as I can help: http://irowiki.org/wiki/ASPD

Doing the whole calculation manually, my results are the exact same as what I got from both the calculator and the spreadsheet linked in that page. Can't really verify whether it matches with iRO or kRO though, as my download speed is way too horrible for me to be able to download iRO Sakray right now and I recall kRO being a huge pain to get into.

[edit] Just realized I forgot to mention the results I've been getting. On a Sniper with 90+23 AGI and 83+35 DEX (Owl's Eye 10 and Improve Concentration 10 as usual, no other AGI or DEX bonuses from gear, awakening potion active), I get 175 ASPD in-game, but the calcs give me a result of 181.91.

Edited by Randfeon, 22 October 2014 - 02:27 AM.

#9 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:45 AM

I know how it feels..  i used to hit 187 aspd before just using  90 Agi and 50 dex + Two hand quicken and bersek potion.

If we add a Muramasa  Agi + Bless from a priest i could hit the 189 aspd as a Knight with that build. Now it's messed up to level up as Agi Knight with the way Two Hand Quicken poorly acts >_< this happened on my previous server too, the skill was  just impractical.

#10 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

Agreed. I've never really had a use for any ASPD quicken skills (One-Handed, Two-handed, and Spear Quicken) since Renewal. Looking at these skills should come after we decide on an ASPD formula for the server, as I feel the only way to make these skills useful again would be to add custom code to them.

So basically, ASPD formula -> ASPD skills -> More testing -> Lasagna monster.

• Ken likes this

#11 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Mhm i totally agree to the custom code, I hope Ritker can go against the blasphemy they made to the Agi Knights >_<

#12 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Small (and likely worthless) update, I just found this (admittedly outdated) calculator: http://calcxre.wushuang.ws/

And its results seem to match better with what we have in the server at the moment. Hint hint it's outdated hint.

Please someone care about this when possible, I want to hit things quickly because ctrl+clicking is what I'm best at

#13 Yano

Yano

The Calm

• Player
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

From what I know the aspd formula is slower now. It's not that it's outdated but that it's up to date.

#14 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

What, I can't edit old posts? I didn't want to make yet another post for this.

Anyway, decided to look a bit more into this case. What seems to be happening is that the results I got are based on iRO, while rA and Herc want to keep being based only on kRO (according to a few posts on their forums, like this, this, and this). However, I'm not sure if those kRO features in there really are all that correct, seeing how I just checked in-game and at 1 base AGI, I got no ASPD at all after using an awakening potion on my Ranger - which, according to this 4 years old post on the iRO Wiki forums (or more specifically this one, I guess), isn't really how it works anymore there (it was, however, at some point in early Renewal).

But then again, this somewhat outdated build of RagState (couldn't run the most recent one, welp) says that's indeed how it works on kRO (and in fact gives me an even lower ASPD for my current stats, oh god no)

I guess I'll just give up on this. Let Rikter decide on how things should go, hopefully he'll make things a bit less painful since as far as I know this server is going to be a bit custom on some things instead of completely following the officials.

Edited by Randfeon, 23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#15 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'm proud to inform you that I managed to get the current renewal ASPD formula implemented and workin :)

I'm now testing it on my test server, as I need to be sure cards/equip/statuses are acting in the right way. Once I'm done with that I'll complete rebellion skills (I'm halfway done. It's pointless to release them now as even if they're "all working" they're not really acting like on official behavior, and if I say that they work 100%, they have to.).

I guess you can expect it in less than a week [Both rebellion and new ASPD formula I mean] :D

• Gionelles likes this

#16 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Oh boy, it's beautiful. It's nice to see things like the Quicken skills and Adrenaline Rush give more than a few useless ASPD points before you get to your third class with 150 AGI as well.

Thank you for this.

#17 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:01 AM

Wow wonderful news!! Aspd Knight wont be useless anymore ^_^

#18 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

Randfeon check your inbox mail here on forum :P

#19 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Done, I thought the icon was just telling me someone replied here so I kinda forgot about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users