Photo

Week 1: some minor issues and recommendations.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

So I didn't want to keep posting "Day 1, 2, 3, etc" topics, and I wanted to hold off until the next maintenance to voice some small things I still find peculiar.

Some of these things could be considered bugs. Some of them could be considered recommendations. Some of them could be considered requests. Because I don't want to over-post in two or three different threads, I'm putting it all here.

Crucify me.

Spoiler

There's more I could mention, but most of it should be further tested, and is somewhat trivial as well.

So yeah. Smooches.

#2 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

Welp, Ima' talk about something that's officially pissed me off too much. Time for me to bitch and moan about stupid shit~

COMMENCE ANGRY FORUM JIHAD RANT!!

Spoiler

I do want to make clear that I'm not accusing or blaming anyone for this issue - I just think it should be solved as soon as possible. - I like it when my posts are easy on the eyes, clean, orderly, neat, and properly put together without typos or code errors. I get that people should use the Preview button - and trust me, I do use it (a lot). Still, I don't think the preview button is an excuse for us being unable to correct our little human mistakes.

Also, before you ask, I don't have OCD. I know, it's crazy to think someone who can bitch this much about something so stupid and talk for so long about how she likes having perfect posts isn't OCD, but trust me, it's true.

Now, since I'm sure I've bored everyone else half to death with my complaining, here's a picture of a banana.

17o9jz54r7tntjpg.jpg

#3 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

@exp added

Spiral pierce works fine for me and can't cast it without proper weapons o_O

Traps cast time removed

Stylist will be changed soon, but it's not top priority~

• Gionelles likes this

#4 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

what about guild tax 88% to 99 % issue?

#5 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

The Spiral Pierce change has been there since the beginning of Renewal on kRO, and it's indeed a nice change.

As for the stylist, IIRC the load option always has the last palette you used in the first slot. That save/load option is mostly meant for when you're madly spamming enter looking for nice colors, not to keep a set of saved styles.

#6 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Kewl, I like these responses.

Though... in regard to my angry forum jihad rant - will anything be done about the forum posts not being able to be edited after a few minutes? Cus like... not to be narcissistic or anything, but I feel like I made a rather good point up there.

Plus, banana. You can't beat that banana.

what about guild tax 88% to 99 % issue?

Yep, still wondering about this. Will we be allowed to use 99% guild tax in the future?

Edited by Gionelles, 25 October 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#7 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

No, let the evidence stay so people could laugh in the future and argue about the past.

#8 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

No, let the evidence stay so people could laugh in the future and argue about the past.

-1 on this. If you need the post for prosecution as a forum moderator, you should screenshot it weather the poster can edit it or not. Screenshots should always be used. Other then that, It's bullshit that we can't edit our posts after a few minutes of making them.

Edited by Gionelles, 26 October 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#9 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Position lag, you already know how it goes, there's no definite solution and we've been playing around with it already.

Quest EXP rates are 10x.

Max tax is 80% right now, we could increase it though.

Forum edit timeout is at 15 min atm, which is pretty generous and allows you to fix your mistakes. We don't want unlimited editing since it allows for backpedaling.

#10 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Position lag, you already know how it goes, there's no definite solution and we've been playing around with it already.

Quest EXP rates are 10x.

Forum edit timeout is at 15 min atm, which is pretty generous and allows you to fix your mistakes. We don't want unlimited editing since it allows for backpedaling.

Eeeeeeh fine. <_<  I already stated my opinion in extensive detail above, and you already know I disagree with 15 minutes being generous, so I won't rag you about it anymore, besides mentioning that backpedaling shouldn't be a bad thing unless you need the post for proof when prosecuting someone for abusing the forums. In that case, we have screenshots, but meh.

Just let the editing rule go both ways, please. I don't want to see moderators editing posts that the players make, if the players can't edit them either.

And yes I get that deleting is another thing: I think deleting plausibly dangerous comments certainly has a time and place.

Edited by Gionelles, 26 October 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#11 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

I actually agree with Gio about editing >_>

About guild tax, 80% is already pretty much, does it really need to be increased? o_o (just asking)

• Gionelles likes this

#12 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

At max level it's nice to be able to tax all the exp that would otherwise be wasted. Some people like to tax a character and prevent it from leveling to keep it in range to party with friends. It isn't that important and 80% is enough to max a guild quickly. I believe 50 is max on kro
  • Gionelles and Mushie like this

#13 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

At max level it's nice to be able to tax all the exp that would otherwise be wasted. Some people like to tax a character and prevent it from leveling to keep it in range to party with friends. It isn't that important and 80% is enough to max a guild quickly. I believe 50 is max on kro

ya 99% is good and i agree , it help some players from levelling and to keep in same range... 

@Rik

About @go command cant you at least implement in city?  :P

#14 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

nami why do you want @go so bad? Aren't there BG wings for that :P

Maybe I can add some teleportation scrolls for cities though, as there are some even on official kRO. We'll see, right now it's not in top of my priorities ^^''

#15 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

Quest EXP rates are 10x.

Eeeeeeh fine. <_<  I already stated my opinion in extensive detail above, and you already know I disagree with 15 minutes being generous, so I won't rag you about it anymore, besides mentioning that backpedaling shouldn't be a bad thing unless you need the post for proof when prosecuting someone for abusing the forums. In that case, we have screenshots, but meh.

Just let the editing rule go both ways, please. I don't want to see moderators editing posts that the players make, if the players can't edit them either.

And yes I get that deleting is another thing: I think deleting plausibly dangerous comments certainly has a time and place.

wait what kind of rule is that!

common cant edit post after 15min! 

What happened public freedom of speech , expression, i heavily condemn this 15 min editing thingy! 

I totally support Gio on this 

+100

#16 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:34 PM

To NamiTheKat, Rikter, and the rest of the GM team:

Spoiler

To Rikter individually:

Spoiler

Edited by Gionelles, 26 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#17 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

-1 for @go. Git gud scrubs.

@Nami
Learn what freedom of speech is. Post edition block doesn't punish you or prevent you from declaring your opinion in different post. It only ensures that you have to take accountability for what you say, just like it works in real life. Actually this server has pretty decent rules (except the one regarding MvPs and DeadBranch/BloodyBranch bombing), most servers have shit like "your rights (or rather priviliges) end where my feelings begin".
  • Krabs likes this

#18 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Uh Gio, that has a point. I could do something more about it to be honest, but putting tax at 99% is indeed the fastest "fix" available without having to do anything else.

I'll discuss with my team about this as well :)

#19 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Uh Gio, that has a point. I could do something more about it to be honest, but putting tax at 99% is indeed the fastest "fix" available without having to do anything else.

I'll discuss with my team about this as well :)

Mmkay. Thank you Rikter~

#20 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

-1 for @go. Git gud scrubs.

@Nami
Learn what freedom of speech is. Post edition block doesn't punish you or prevent you from declaring your opinion in different post. It only ensures that you have to take accountability for what you say, just like it works in real life. Actually this server has pretty decent rules (except the one regarding MvPs and DeadBranch/BloodyBranch bombing), most servers have shit like "your rights (or rather priviliges) end where my feelings begin".

What's wrong with our MvP rules?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users