Photo

Server Features discussions and suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

#61 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

Kinda funny how hercules broke almost everything that Rikter had working before in cookie.

#62 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

Mechanic done, working on Homunculus S now :3

Edit: Eira skills done, all homunulus updated to official stats :3

#63 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

Bayeri, Sera and Dieter skills done, tested and working :3

Eleanor skills are almost done as well~

I'm working at the fastest rate that I can, but that still takes time, sorry >_<''

#64 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

I for one wouldn't want too many tweaks skill wise in woe (aside of tweak to unlimit). Just let it play out and adjust accordingly if neccesairy. For most stuffs there is counters available within the game already.You can already see with some of the new skills and the siege gear that the direction the game is heading is more team play based. Take elemental shield for example it's there as a counter to 1 sd wiping your guild. More interesting is having proper pvp modes and some kind of cooldown on death on reentering/number management in woe. So my suggestion is really leave the skills the way they are and adjust from there based on how woe/bg etc plays out only if neccesairy. Servers with too much customs don't attract players. One small change to a bread and butter skill can really ruin entire class. I'm afraid the amount of customs people want in here are only going to make the gameplay even worse than it already is. I liked the lvl up in pvp idea personally, but I doubt the majority of players out there would like this being possible. 

Edited by Cenel, 16 September 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#65 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

Sure casting the worst defensive fields which blocks much better pneuma and requies lack of LP is great idea. Main problem of mechanic in WoE are fucking enabled slides and nerfed traps/fiberlock, not SD itself. SD being so good is just outcome of OP mobility. I have nothing against good close range skill, but getting to the target should be a challange, not matter of pressing 1 button 3 times while having either mobile pneuma or anti-target field. There was a reason why slides were disabled in pre-re.

Anyway, Riter, could you post us a plan of work? Like what do you want to do before launching beta and what is already done/what is left to do?

Also friend of mine is curious if there will be wipe after beta. But when you think about it, why would you call it beta if progress was saved. It'd be normal start.

#66 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Beta won't be like cookie one, 'cause there's no need to really test things out now besides regular/custom updates or changes.
Cookie was basically a "test server", where things had to be tested and most formulas figured out as at that time leaks from Aegis were rare.

I'd expect a 1 month-long beta phase, 2 months at most. Then I'll wipe everything and start off for good.

Currently Hercules emulator, that we're using as base for Aesir, lacks many skills update, and many others are not working as they should (or not working at all). So we're testing all skills and fixing them before beta. That's to prevent to have a lot of players reporting the same thing, or opening 2000 bug reports.

This is for major issues obviously. I do not expect to be able to fix everything at 100%, but having to deal with a "missing skill effect" during beta is way better than having to fix a whole broken skill while the server's already up.

So as soon as I'm done with that, we'll double-check last few things and will srart the beta. During that, I'll work on reported bugs, while developing more unique updates, improving existing ones and adding more features during the coming months (You can already see the "Player of the Month/Guild of the Month" feature on website, but that won't be enabled right away, as I'll be developing a proper rank system before releasing it).

#67 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

So... beta starts this or next week?

#68 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Cookie was basically a "test server"

My whole life is a lie.

Beta starts when you go back to work Psor. He's just waiting for that.

#69 Guest_Satsujinki_*

Guest_Satsujinki_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

Cookie was basically a "test server"

My whole life is a lie.

Spoiler

#70 Hammertime

Hammertime

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

Sure casting the worst defensive fields which blocks much better pneuma and requies lack of LP is great idea. Main problem of mechanic in WoE are fucking enabled slides and nerfed traps/fiberlock, not SD itself. SD being so good is just outcome of OP mobility. I have nothing against good close range skill, but getting to the target should be a challange, not matter of pressing 1 button 3 times while having either mobile pneuma or anti-target field. There was a reason why slides were disabled in pre-re.

Anyway, Riter, could you post us a plan of work? Like what do you want to do before launching beta and what is already done/what is left to do?

Also friend of mine is curious if there will be wipe after beta. But when you think about it, why would you call it beta if progress was saved. It'd be normal start.

The slide is irrelevant as speed potion SD with hovering is way faster anyway. Also you are missing the point here about elemental shield. You cast it and it instantly puts it on every party member. No targeting needed. There is no way you can SW all of your allies on time when sd is coming in or you are being recalled and mech prepares for that with incoming sd. With 1 press elemental shield you protect your partymembers from cheap SDs like that. As much as you dont like 1 button press to protect, you can counterplay it with LP/crazyweed/maelstrom. It becomes more team based this way. Now 1 mech can't wipe your entire guild but will need some assistence. Anyway you seriously seem to lack renewal woe experience. There is nothing gamebreaking about slides.

Edited by Cenel, 16 September 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#71 xhiii

xhiii

Chonchon

• Player
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

is it okay for unlimit to be only nerfed on pvm?cos i dont think its that much damaging in woe/pvp.. or prolly a huge nerf for pvm, and a lil bit on pvp?
just dont remove the feel of having Unlimit, says it was from the gods?. :)

#72 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

With slides you can't be trapped/hitlocked. You spam skills in chokepoints not only for damage but also to stop players from running into your guild which will turn half of your skills useless because they'll be using your own defensive fields like LP or pneumas and you won't be able to flash bragi if you don't want to buff enemies. By using ele shield you block yourself from using pneuma which blocks GoH, DB, ranger farts, cart cannon and BP if I remember correctly, which makes majority of offensive skills used in WoE. You also can't have your LP up to use this unless SWs from ele shield are different than regular SWs.

It all comes down to what kind of WoE we want to have. With ranged skills as basic and good close range skills that require actually help or skill to use, WoE would be based on teamwork. With close range skills like Storm Blast, OB or SD being easy to use it's more efficient to send RKs, inspi RGs and mechs one by one or in small groups to wipe stacked guilds. To counter it you'd have to spread your guild which makes support harder or even impossible or puts your support classes in danger. You don't have capability to stop them because stopping power was nerfed in renewal with long casts, cooldowns and changing fiberlock/trap mechanics. Eventually you can OHKO them with suras or tetra warlocks but probably you'd agree with me that OHKOs everywhere  is retarded idea and probably it'll be nerfed, just like unlimit will be nerfed because it's too strong. The best way would be to simply also make a guild full of RKs, RGs and mechanics with barely any support and use the same tactic. But then it'd be just mindless zerg with empbreak fest. We could even remove PvP arenas because WoE would be PvP, not GvG.

Nerfed mobility is the best way to maintain pre-re teamwork style in WoE while making close range skills usable, but challenging, which is justified considering that when you run into enemy guild with RKs/RGs/mechs chances of win change to 50/50 regardless of how were the chances before assault.

Idk how you, but I find teamworking killing machines where every player is crucial gear more attractive than zerg full of one-man armies and duel heros. If you want to be here, there's already place for that. It's called PvP arena/BG.

Edited by Psor, 16 September 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#73 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Done with Homunculus, working on Sorcerer next :)

#74 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:05 PM

Properly working Mental Stick pls.

#75 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

is it okay for unlimit to be only nerfed on pvm?cos i dont think its that much damaging in woe/pvp.. or prolly a huge nerf for pvm, and a lil bit on pvp?
just dont remove the feel of having Unlimit, says it was from the gods?. :)

Although I don't know much of what happened in Renewal after the extra 3rd class skills came out, what I've seen people mention is how utterly broken Arrow Storm got thanks to Unlimit, making even solo MvPing a piece of cake for them (which is also included in PvM, I guess). I don't think it would be that good of an idea to let Rangers do whatever they want like that.

Speaking of MvPs, I guess it would be nice if they got buffed as well, to further prevent people from being able to easily solo them.

#76 rionesenobi

rionesenobi

Esedes

• Player
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

hi guys. i'm new here you see. been wondering if this is former AeRO? cas i played there before. it named itself aesir before it completely went off

#77 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

@Psor
Ele shield eats your summon, it's meant to be used in an emergency for something like SD or protecting your Loki from an RK rush. Also stealth field doesn't = anti target on self, it protects people near you from being targeted. Not at all effective when sliding around. Considering all the other great mobility skills and speed pots, Mechs need slides to keep up. They also can't use hide and would be completely free to suras without slides. You must be talking about some pretty crappy and slow bragi flashing, next to a portal with no Loki and Quagmire, to let a mech into it.

You're massively overrating some skills. Unlimit is very strong, but not really broken in WoE. The range on SD is kind of shitty, it can punish bad grouping and recalls really hard, as well as sometimes saving an emp under attack, but mostly it'll be underwhelming or better not used and saved as a threat. I also doubt the effectiveness of Cart Cannon (and Tetra, to a lesser extent) in WoE.

Anyway, nice job Rikter. How are you testing skills and what's your source for how they're supposed to work and formulas?

#78 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Irowiki, iro forums, recent kro videos.

#79 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Rangers seriously need a nerf in PvM, I'd go as far as saying even more than nerfing unlimit. AS even without it is ridiculous due to how fast it can be cast and the fact that the damage is comparable to asura strike in tRO at least, although asura was terrible there. Bring it back to when Suras were viable. It's nice and more challenging that way. Let's oppress rangers back to their original role of mob clearing :P

#80 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Something which isn't mentioned enough (changing subject) is safety wall, there's a huge discrepancy between servers. on truero it is insanely OP and impossible for a melee class to destroy without making themselves vulnerable for a long time and getting wrecked. On limitro, it disappears after like 2 hits from venatu, and on cookie/velvet, it was a happy medium which in my opinion was best.

I've heard talk that the new OP swall is "official", although that's from the truero community which is all the more reason to avoid that mechanic probably. Comments welcome on this because A: I'm too lazy to look this up on hercules and rA and B: I've heard roughly 50 different opinions on this such as "it has it's own separate HP", "It has an amount of HP calculated using the players HP", "It has a limited number of hits" "It's a combination of number of hits and HP", every single one of which the person was 100% sure that's how it works so I'm beyond caring about what's official now.

My opinion is that cookie/velvet swall was working fine and balanced.

Also don't have truero system pneuma which blocks loads of the AoEs from MvPs for some reason. Long range physical only thx.

Edited by Scias, 17 September 2014 - 05:25 PM.