Photo

Server Features discussions and suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

#81 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Current SW is working in the official manner, with a hp amount based on a bunch of variables and always blocking one hit no matter the damage.

#82 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

Properly working Mental Stick pls.

How bad can you get

Edited by Syncope, 18 September 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#83 Randfeon

Randfeon

Chonchon

• Player
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Ah yeah, please no Lakumas this time.

#84 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

This thread wasn't made for this kind of discussions, make a thread in the offtopic section and sling shit at each other there.

Actually, I moved your little discussion here so you can continue without interferences.

#85 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Actually (If I can tell my opinion as player, and not as Admin) i think that one of the main problem in Renewal WoE [Talking not in terms of mechanics, but in terms of "content"] is high damage. Let me explain: It's not about renewal, not pre-renewal. It's a matter that many things got implemented, pushing limits again and again. This required changes. Max level got pushed ahead, with it also stats etc.. [I think Renewal was a necessary measure to add more content 'cause there was no way that it would fit old mechanic].

With that said, it's pretty much useless [And more than that not funny at all] to concentrate on a fight that ends in an instant. I remember back in 2006/2007, when actually fighting in a castle with a good team could do the difference. When there were only a few skills that you could fear of, that left no reaction time [EPD, Asura, CT...]. And where mobility was everything.

Imo, there must be that balance where to get something and be very good on that, you must sacrifice something else. The more you sacrifice on a side, the more you get on the other. I remember Assassin Cross being specialyzed either in Emp breaking or Player killing, and not being able to do both in an efficient way. And of course they were "glass cannons" (Spamming White pots was the only way to survive on a fight where you were multi-targeted).

What about now? Spawn, run, kill, die, respawn, repeat. ANd let's not talk about precasts....

#86 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

@Rikter
If you push defensive capabilities as much as offensive ones then balance or stalemate is preserved. Problem with renewal is imbalance between offense and defense where offense has much higher potential. In pre-re you also could kill players in split second with 190 aspd AD spam but at least only mages had monopoly on really good AoEs. You just proved my point. I've been posting that the best WoE is when almost nobody can kill anybody without concenntrated fire, buffs from supports or debuffs on enemy. All of this requires teamwork. In pre-re you could outpot anything except GFist and this you could hide-evade.

#87 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

How bad can you get

That +6dex combat knife

#88 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Will terp be handing out superb fish slices?

#89 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

How bad can you get
That +6dex combat knife
My ck on truero is the best.

#90 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Not as good as Sira's cranial CK.

#91 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania

Chonchon

• Player
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

Not gonna answer my question?

#92 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

Or his Freya sets.

Edit: And who can forget, the Lakuma inside a Lakuma.

Edited by Outsideheaven, 19 September 2014 - 02:28 AM.

#93 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:00 AM

Not gonna answer my question?

I don't even know what you're talking about.

#94 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Wreslemania, the Aswer is "No, she won't". I don't know if you were serious or was joking, but I don't think this is the right place for such questions, and don't even know if there's a right place at all.

I want to make it clear now once and forever: If I'm back and working on this project it's all thanks to Terpsichore. Without her, there wouldn't be anything that has been done on Aesir up until now. I don't know what really happened on cookie, can't know who's fault for problems that occurred. And to be honest, I don't even want to (also every decent staff member could just check logs and see if someone's cheating). Point is that when someone administrates a server, users that want to play on it can do nothing but trust him.

Now. given that you've got to trust me to play here, and given that I trust her, means you've got to live with it.

Let me question you now. Do you really think that someone could be so dumb to spend days working on a server, spends money to open and mantain it, get over a quite long list of problems that need to be faced and solved, just to let someone abuse some commands and ruin all of that? Hell, that must be a pretty sadic way to see things.

#95 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Let me question you now. Do you really think that someone could be so dumb to spend days working on a server, spends money to open and mantain it, get over a quite long list of problems that need to be faced and solved, just to let someone abuse some commands and ruin all of that?

aka CookieRO VelvetRO

#96 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Scias, don't talk about things you don't know, thanks. I made CookieRO, and Yommy made what he wanted out of that once I left, so it's not really the case. And if you think that's not true, what are you doing in here?

#97 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I remember there was talk at one point on Cookie about build presets if you would.

Y'know, being able to reset into a skill/stat build you already saved, and be able to save say 5 different profiles. 
Not sure how hard/easy that would be, but it'd be a really cool feature. Because clicking on all of your 1st and 2nd class skills gets boring after a while.

#98 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

You would still need to drag all the skills back to the bars because they reset to level 1 on Hercules and there's no way around it.

#99 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Scias, don't talk about things you don't know, thanks.

Oh you want the screenshots?
Loljk, that would be harsh. I don't doubt you and Terp but there were definitely others at a certain point who were not clean. Blame them for cookie's tainted name. This was after your time in Cookie so we all know who to blame. I agree we should leave the past where it is, and I believe you are clean. This server has better hopes.

I made CookieRO, and Yommy made what he wanted out of that once I left, so it's not really the case.

It was the case for others that managed that server. Thankfully those involved are no longer a part of the RO community as far as I know. Nobody blames you for anything.

And if you think that's not true, what are you doing in here?

I am here to help out with beta testing whenever I can. I am pretty much on hiatus from RO for the past month or so though so I can't promise to be a regular player when this does get off the ground, but whenever, however I can I will help out.

#100 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Kuruma

• Player
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

You would still need to drag all the skills back to the bars because they reset to level 1 on Hercules and there's no way around it.

Sad day.