34 replies to this topic

#21 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:50 AM

problem with the removal of this bug was that the hercules devs unintentionally affected ALL forms of snapdodging, even the ones on officials. those ones will likely be added back in at a later date.

#22 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

You need to lose line of sight (aka move behind some obstacle) for it to work on aegis, which isn't very practical so might as well just not bother with it.

#23 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

Wow, so now you're denying it? I have photographed proof that you're a bug, Scias.

Bet you didn't know I had a real-life photo of you, huh Scias? WELL TOO BAD FOR YOU! BECAUSE I DO!

drunk-bed-bugs__oPt.jpg

#24 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

The real life photo of me getting into unexplored places would not be suitable for this forum of under 65s.

On topic: The intended asura dodge that maddertime wants involves breaking the line of sight via distance, snapping out of sprite draw distance. It might involve having to reduce the draw distance? (snap distance - draw distance = dodge success? Or is that not how it works?)

#25 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nah, breaking line of sight means snapping around a corner or getting an obstacle in the way. That's possible now and you can avoid stuff like that. It's unlikely to happen unless you get cc asura'd right beside one of those big squares in BG. On cookie, if you just spammed snap in a straight line you'd still get hit, even if you were 3 screens away.

What I think we all want is to make it possible to do a max distance snap just as you would take the damage and avoid it. The timing was pretty precise on cookie, but I think it varies on different pservers. I'm not sure why it happens, but someone compared it to fwinging just as you take damage and instead taking 0. The timing for snap is quite a lot harder though because if you're early you'll still get hit.

#26 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

The method maddertime wants though is dodge via long distance snap though ryt, I saw them do that all the time on cookie, without going around corners.

#27 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Like I said, I'm not totally sure why or how it works. On cookie, just getting distance or having them off the screen wasn't enough, you had to actually be moving between cells when the damage would normally have been applied. I think you might also have to do a max distance snap to dodge, but I'm not really sure because I was pretty bad at it.

#28 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Ah ye the timing was so strict that you actually had to be moving when the hit happened. I'm pretty sure you never needed to go round a corner though. I saw them doing it in BG and PvP alot in open spaces.

#29 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

From what I remember you snap away as soon as the opponents green cast ends, it shows the red damage numbers but doesn't get applied. It's seriously complicated to explain how it works because it also worked on Tetra Vortex, however you needed to snap dodge all 4 hits of it even if you dodged the first, so its not as if snap dodging completely stops the actual attack from fully working.

#30 plsnoflamerino

plsnoflamerino

your friendly neighbourhood troll pls no copy pasterino

• Player
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

if you break down skill usage:

1. cast windup

2. cast time

3. cast finish

4. animations/dmg visuals/numbers

5. damage instance

if you know timing of dmg instance, you can dodge (maybe just almost) anything.

for case of tetra, it does damage on 4 separate instances, but dodging 1 or 2 is pretty good already

so, you can dodge flash combo if you kno what you doin.

Edited by plsnoflamerino, 18 December 2014 - 03:50 AM.

#31 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

if you break down skill usage:

1. cast windup
2. cast time
3. cast finish
4. animations/dmg visuals/numbers
5. damage instance

if you know timing of dmg instance, you can dodge (maybe just almost) anything.

for case of tetra, it does damage on 4 separate instances, but dodging 1 or 2 is pretty good already

so, you can dodge flash combo if you kno what you doin.

But the problem is that, it seems like they disabled snap dodge

#32 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

What we could alternatively do is enable skill failure upon moving far enough from the caster, which would be an universal setting.

#33 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

I actually really liked to use Snap Dodge on your general pserver. It also worked great in PVM to dodge EQs. However, since view range/render range was increased here, so would Snaps range need to be increased to attain such an effect. (And ofc the mechanic enabled if it got changed)

Think its a nice feature to divide teh good suras from the great. But if its 2 easy to pull off  then it could harm i guess. Wasnt ASPD a huge factor? Afaik higher aspd = faster hit registering. If you get asura'd by a "156 Aspd Sura" u can snap dodge it all day, but 175+ ASPD is getting tricky.

#34 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

I actually really liked to use Snap Dodge on your general pserver. It also worked great in PVM to dodge EQs. However, since view range/render range was increased here, so would Snaps range need to be increased to attain such an effect. (And ofc the mechanic enabled if it got changed)

Think its a nice feature to divide teh good suras from the great. But if its 2 easy to pull off  then it could harm i guess. Wasnt ASPD a huge factor? Afaik higher aspd = faster hit registering. If you get asura'd by a "156 Aspd Sura" u can snap dodge it all day, but 175+ ASPD is getting tricky.

ASPD also affects your Snap speed spam.

Edited by makinbacon, 23 December 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#35 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Yea but that shouldnt have anything to do with the snap dodge mechanic. Unless you have 190 aspd and trying to snap dodge a 155 Aspd Asura where you have the time to double snap. But usually a failed snap means death. not to mention the actual speed of the snap is always the same. (you move instantly to the cell you target)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users