Garm isn't waterball.

#62 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:12 AM

we still have the MATK fix / update planned, hold tight.

• Scias likes this

#63 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

More details please.

#64 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Its pretty simple psor.

I went to official servers and checked how much magic dmg i take from certain mobs.

I take about 10 times the damage here. Simple as that. Its broken, if you dont like it, im sorry. :/

#65 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

Psor just enjoys midrange arbitrary mobs killing you much faster than mvps and pretending that a mvps high matk storm gust shouldnt do anything compared to a mobs waterball in a dungeon which is usually easily soloable. mvps storm gust doing about 400dmg, midrange mob waterball doing nearly 20k with correct element armour. Really psor? Consistent?

At least the staff understand.

Edited by Scias, 24 January 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#66 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

@FlashCombo
Do you realize even official servers have huge differences? Just look at kRO and jRO. Git gud, scrub.

@Scias
I'd like to remind you that MvP matk is bugged right now and sometimes they drop their magic damage drastically. That 400 dmg was probably bugged. Just like when I was killing moonlight and at first each bolt was hitting for few k, then it was hitting for 1 dmg per tick.

@Terp/Frost/anyone from staff
For the fucks sake, just tell us already how should be magic damage based on atk already. Post fucking sources. and more detailed change logs.

#67 Neri

Neri

Chonchon

• Player
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

As it's implemented now it's jRO monster MATK formula on a kRO mechanic emulator

#68 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

@Psor

Yes, scrub. I looked at both JRO PRO ruRO, KRO and iRO and none of the monsters did the same amount of ridic damage than on Leika RO. Your point, scrub?

#69 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

@Psor

I'd like to remind you that easily killing phys-based mobs 30 levels above you, but getting killed by magic mobs 10-20 levels below you, means there is something wrong. Let's do a thought experiment and see if you can figure out what's wrong with that.

#70 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:45 AM

@Psor

Yes, scrub. I looked at both JRO PRO ruRO, KRO and iRO and none of the monsters did the same amount of ridic damage than on Leika RO. Your point, scrub?

How about some proof? Recent screenshots, vids or something? I can pull shit out of my ass too, scrub.

@Scias
Once again: you're bitching because magic skills are actually ranged. Physical skills also hit like trucks but most people either tank monsters with sura or just kill shit with ranged skills/OHKO.
Here, look at these screenshots. I tested damage of physical skills:
http://imgur.com/a/vzUvg
Moonlight Flower - 79 lvl, 2232~3483 Atk
lvl20 Mammonite (1100%atk) = 5654 dmg
lvl20 Mammonite with power up = 15920 dmg
Notice it's with 200 def, alice shield and energy coat. Without it it'd be 1-2HKO on even on low lvl 3rd classes without power up. Bolts were hitting for something like 1-1,5k until matk got bugged and magic damage dropped drastically and I was getting hit for 1dmg with bolts.

Cendrawasih - lvl84, 379~498 Atk
lvl5 Spiral = 1485*5 = 7425 dmg

Big Bell - lvl163, 4785~4977 Atk
lvl5 Spiral = around 8700*5 = 43500 dmg

Injustice - lvl95, 529~708 Atk
lvl10 Sonic Blow = 197*8 = around 4000 dmg

All 3 above were tested with 195 def, hodremlin shield and energy coat. Without such reductions it'd easily be 1-2HKO for most classes.

So once again: physical skills also hit hard but people don't even notice it since most of the time shit is killed with ranged skills. And ranged physical skills have shit skill% mods. Compare 380% double strafe with 1000% lvl10 bolt. Shit like Mammonite has 600% on lvl10, lvl10 Sonic Blow has 800%. Magic just SEEMS to hit much harder because you see it much more often because monsters cast it from afar and you can't evade it by just keeping distance. In other words, git gud, scrub.

#71 Neri

Neri

Chonchon

• Player
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

197*8 isn't 4000

#72 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

Ops, you're right. Around 1600. My bad, thanks for correcting it.

#73 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

Once again: you're bitching because magic skills are actually ranged.

Enjoy GX

Physical skills also hit like trucks but most people either tank monsters with sura or just kill shit with ranged skills/OHKO.

Exactly, or use flee like on GX so we never get hit by it. But it's not like people of low/mid range can flee from magic or avoid it at range. Hence how it is overpowered atm.

Magic just SEEMS to hit much harder because you see it much more often because monsters cast it from afar and you can't evade it by just keeping distance.

Well, more than "seems", it is actually does do more damage because it actually hits you. But yes, we are in complete agreement: it hits people more, and regardless of how the dmg is compared to physical, when something hits you more, it kills you more, people can keep range or flee from physical attacks fairly easy even at a low level, but not against magic, hence why it is overpowered. Thanks for agreeing.

Edited by Scias, 25 January 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#74 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

You say it's overpowered. I say physical abilities of monsters are underpowered.
hint: beg Terp to add cast times for all magic skills so you could hide-evade it. I could accept that. And while we're at changing mobs, make them spam their physical skills more.

Also isn't that point of different classes that not everything can counter everything? I don't cry that I don't have as big hp pool as RK when I play sorc, and don't cry that I don't have good AoE damaging skill when I play AB. Why should you cry about not being able to handle magic while not being sorc/WL/RG? Get a pt, scrub.

#75 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

Its pretty simple psor.

I went to official servers and checked how much magic dmg i take from certain mobs.

I take about 10 times the damage here. Simple as that. Its broken, if you dont like it, im sorry. :/

damn psor, he just won cause he pulled out the "official" card

#76 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

Yea official servers where people dont "complain" about being one and shotted by nearly any magic spell in the game. Let me tell you i took nearly 50k dmg from a satan firebolt, which he uses every 5~ seconds, using reductions(including valk alice).

Also your point about the physical comparsion is a joke. Because you can raise Equip def and status def a billion times easier to redux. BUt stacking Equip MDEF for the purpose of surviving single hits is pretty damn tough, considering ud have to change ur entire build to survival mode. Thats not fun to play. And a game should be fun to play.

btw if you want proof:

www.giyf.com

Edited by FlashCombo, 25 January 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#77 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Getting hit by 2k bolts and 1 dmg meteor storms from endgame mvps isn't fun either, we need a compromise.

#78 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

btw if you want proof:

www.giyf.com

So just as I thought, plain bullshit. I bet you don't even know what you need to make an account on kRO/jRO. Burden of proof always lies on the one who claim things. I can support my claims with evidence in form of screens, calculations, links, quotes. Step it up shitter, otherwise no one will take you seriously in discussion. At least no one who has any decent wisdom and intelligence. Shit like "I know but I won't tell you" works in kindergarden, and if you'll keep using it, it's a place where you belong to.

@Terp
But Terp, players in endgame can get 30-40k hp on low hp pool classes, RGs can get massive def, sorcs can get elemental immunity, suras can SB tank, everyone can farm really good gears etc. If anything needs casualization, it's monsters below lvl 100 because with increased exp rates you blitz through low lvls without getting much gears. Making low lvls easier is understandable, casualizing mid and high lvls is not. This is compromise. Or you could add cast times to all agical skills so people could hide-evade. Or just give us some more info than "we need compromise", like formulas straight from hercules or something. Or post your sources for all these changes :^)
Oh, and one mroe thing, after shit you pulled with status resistances I think you're one of the last persons who can talk about compromise. You did it entirely your way and even Frost thinks this was straight retarded.

#79 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

You say it's overpowered. I say physical abilities of monsters are underpowered.

Either way it's inconsistent.

Also isn't that point of different classes that not everything can counter everything? I don't cry that I don't have as big hp pool as RK when I play sorc, and don't cry that I don't have good AoE damaging skill when I play AB. Why should you cry about not being able to handle magic while not being sorc/WL/RG? Get a pt, scrub.

How about the fact I already have a sorc and INT build gene and they still get killed by stuff that they wouldn't normally get killed by even with the correct armour. Go make PsorRO and force people to make parties to get through every dungeon if you want the game to have such a steep learning curve, so we can watch PsorRO crash and burn finally.

Edited by Scias, 25 January 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#80 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Lol. I have a korean account with a friends KSSN bro. Stop giving me BS. Why do i need to do all the work for you when its all out there black on white. Like its hard to check youtube for a simple endless run, mvp solo xy class, kro new content, leveling in nightmare modes, etc etc. Man. You want everything spoonfed to you? Sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users