114 replies to this topic

#81 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

No proof = no belief. Go back to kindergarden, scrub.
Also nice double standards, hypocrite:

Dont come with the "Its official on kRO" thing, we have all kinds of servers mixed and were a private server for a reason, eh?

@Psor

Yes, scrub. I looked at both JRO PRO ruRO, KRO and iRO and none of the monsters did the same amount of ridic damage than on Leika RO. Your point, scrub?

#82 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

How about dropping the pissing contest this thread has turned to shit. Points been made that the damage is higher than everywhere else. It should probably be toned down but NOT to what every other server uses because things doing 50 damage with spells is even more retarded.

#83 Syncope

Syncope

MUH BUTTERFLY WINGZZZZ

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

@Lyka

Why? I'm having a blast reading pvm nerd rants.

#84 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

I'm just enjoying psor trying to be the contrarian.

#85 padkoto

padkoto

Steel Chonchon

• Player
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

I'm just enjoying psor trying to be the contrarian.

yeah, makes a nice change

#86 SlapZ

SlapZ

Chonchon

• Player
  • 28 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

I also agree that monster spell damage needs to be nerfed.

I don't mind MVP's doing more damage with magic, since it was official change.

But getting one-two shotted by Evil Druids, Freezers, Gazetis, Wind Ghosts or Deviruchis is retarded.

Especially in a game designed around grind, where you should be killing those monsters en masse.

Yes, you can wear a card to reduce race damage. Yes, you can wear a card to reduce elemental damage.

Still, having to prepare like this just to survive a bit longer against monsters that you should SLAUGHTER by design is just wrong.

One of my friends already left the server because of this magic damage change.

Getting 1HKO by a monster your level is not challenging, it's frustraiting and annoying.

Be it on 50 level, 90 level or 140 level, monster spell damage needs to be decreased.

Edited by SlapZ, 26 January 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#87 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

^ Clearly not a vegetarian. But yes I agree. Even with the correct elemental armour in some cases you still get 1hko'd by monsters that are about your level that normally you should be able to kill.

Edited by Scias, 26 January 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#88 Watermelony

Watermelony

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

Can we get some ETA on the change? I'm tired of being 1-shotted by mosters that i could be mobbing. Killing mobs one by one is not Ragnarok, especially when 3rd jobs put so much focus on AoE skills. Keep the MVP matk but change the normal mobs damage. If this server drops rates were higher there would be no problem with this change but on a 10x drop rate, not being able to mob and sometimes not being able to kill mobs one by one either is extremely frustating.

Btw i'm a new player, so i don't enough level or equipment to safely level up or hunt for equips with this change, for exemple Evil druids are like 20 level below me and they still almost 1-shot me.

Gonna watch some movies until we get this thing working.

Edited by Watermelony, 27 January 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#89 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

Get some vit.

#90 Watermelony

Watermelony

Chonchon

• Player
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Get some vit.

If i had level to maintain my agi i certainly would get vit.

If i get vit i lose flee and damage, making the battle longer and still not solving the mobbing part since two or more monster casting skills at the same time will still kill me on top of melee damage since my flee would be lower.

+ i tried resetting for full vit and vit/agi so i could try mobbing and it did not solve the problem at all, it actually created another one, without flee i was getting the melee damage and the 2-shot magic damage, not fun at all.

+

^ Clearly not a vegetarian. But yes I agree. Even with the correct elemental armour in some cases you still get 1hko'd by monsters that are about your level that normally you should be able to kill.

Not even equipment is solving the problem. God dammit i just want to mob train like i always did on rag.

Edited by Watermelony, 27 January 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#91 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

Yup, 100+5 int, water armour, 70 vit, waterdrop brooch, pots, and waterball from monster over 10 levels below me still 1hkos. Enjoyable.

#92 FlashCombo

FlashCombo

Dragon Fly

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

Well, we can keep posting our experiences, but its already widely known that its 99,99% negative and unhealthy for the game in its current state. It has been announced that a fix is gonna happen. Just know such mechanics are deep in the source code and thus take time to properly fix. Theres also the problem with MVP MATK going to absurd low values. This means this problem runs deeper than first expected. We just need to be patient and believe in the staff to get this under control. :)

Sorry for your loss. One of my friends had the exact same problem with the MATK and Status Change and deemed assassin class absolutely unplayable even when he tried using dual account priest and then left the server. :/
I hope we can get them back after this is sorted out!

#93 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Problem with MvPs is most likely related to Power Up, not matk alone. For every monster without PU matk works fine. I noticed matk drops after MvPs turn PU on and its duration ends.

Also when I'll find some time, I'll go and check damage with ele armors. I don't believe 75% ele reduction isn't enough. I was tanking shit with just fucking valk shield and ele resist potions. There must be something you're doing wrong.

#94 Lyka

Lyka

Uwa~

• Player
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

It's not powerup, it's something else.

Most stuff is alright with basic resist gears or even just pots (People who want to mob spell casting monsters with no gear deserve to die). Gotta tone down the outliers that wreck face though, which unfortunately there are a few of. Mainly the lower level stuff where it is unreasonable to expect people to have items to counter it.

A lot of people seem to think that getting to 175 with no gear should be a thing though.

I'd rather have it so people had to farm/trade for things to progress solo or just go with large parties. I had to /sob .

The only thing that is untankable is probably Waterball used by certain enemies.

Also with Edens mass killing is not neccessary, so there's no shame in 1v1'ing hard hitting stuff.

Edited by Lyka, 27 January 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• Psor likes this

#95 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Can we get some ETA on the change? I'm tired of being 1-shotted by mosters that i could be mobbing. Killing mobs one by one is not Ragnarok, especially when 3rd jobs put so much focus on AoE skills. Keep the MVP matk but change the normal mobs damage. If this server drops rates were higher there would be no problem with this change but on a 10x drop rate, not being able to mob and sometimes not being able to kill mobs one by one either is extremely frustating.

Btw i'm a new player, so i don't enough level or equipment to safely level up or hunt for equips with this change, for exemple Evil druids are like 20 level below me and they still almost 1-shot me.

Gonna watch some movies until we get this thing working.

the fix will come as soon as we can confirm that its working 101% without bugs. don't want more mapserv crashes from a faulty Herc update or our custom changes to explode.

#96 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

I reduced waterball levels from 10 to 5 for everything meanwhile.

#97 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

@Psor the only thing I was doing wrong was not wearing a valk shield or proxy, but obviously waterball is the problem I run into while trying to get a proxy

#98 NiHZ

NiHZ

Allons-y!

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

@Psor the only thing I was doing wrong was not wearing a valk shield or proxy, but obviously waterball is the problem I run into while trying to get a proxy

I know I shouldn't laugh but that made me snicker.

Spoiler

#99 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:17 PM

Then I can't wait to hear people bitching about medusas using stone curse when they try to farm medusa cards.

#100 Scias

Scias

Hell Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

Pfft cmon that's easy, melees break your stone curse and you can easily kill them. You can't fight back aquas when you're dead lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users