45 replies to this topic

#1 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

I actually enjoy a lot this server, nothing better than a fresh and new start for every gamer. Well i only point a few things here that i would like to ask about.

I tried use the support priest i created to save a certain map " gef_fild02" and the memo failed there it says unavailible area to teleport.  I know for a fact we can't memo on dungeons but the fields? now if the idea is to make us walk around the map i wouldn't mind i mean i always liked the low rate style not having a warp agent and even job changer.

Something else i noticed is when i warp to a dungeon the kafra outside won't give you the option to teleport back to a town which means you have to suicide or walk to the shop of payon dungeon and buy a butterfly wing if you already used all the novice butterfly wings.  could be a minor issue but well if we are having access to dungeons through warper we could have the option to go back town in the case we ran out of b. wings.

And finally is there any intention to add or implement the @whereis ? i think as long as @mobsearch is disabled it wouldn't hurt to give us a hint where to track a monster with the new renewal changes most of the places i used to go and search for resources or supplies are obsolete >_< today for example i had to search all over prontera and finally ran into the red mushrooms to get red bloods xD  i got a side solution in case the @where is  wont be added and is to check on rate my server ./heh

That would be all for now i am just making some questions because  i plan to stay here regardless the decision. (though i would love the old rune knight sprite >_< xD)

i made a quick Edit here because i forgot to mention about the voting system, i am not sure if my votes are really accumulating on the account i have been voting since i joined!

Edited by Ken, 21 October 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#2 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

You can only memo on fields adjacent to a town, that's the official behavior which we might change.

The kafra thing is minor but can be changed.

As for @whereis, it isn't supposed to be disabled, gonna fix that.

#3 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

My thoughts:

-Priests certainly should be able to teleport to any field. Why? Because WoE. Although, I can certainly think of a few field maps where memoing should be disabled.

-Agreed on the Kafra warping you back: and I actually mentioned this in another post of mine. I would certainly like to see kafras right outside of the major dungeons with fully updated NPC settings (such as teleport functionality and @command).

-@whereis is a nice command, as it does not tell you how many of any given mob are on a map, but rather checks all maps in the game and tells you how many are supposed to spawn there by default. In this way, you still don't know if a mob is alive or not: you just know what map to look for it on. Because you can do this on ratemyserver.net anyways,  I agree that having @whereis for convenience is a good idea.

-Switching between rune knight sprites would be nice, yeah. It's clear that it'd be low priority, but more so, I feel like it'd be a small annoyance, should AesirRO decide to have custom palettes (basically, the ability to make custom palettes to (for example) fix the ranger's scarf colors, making them colors besides green. That requires a lot of time, because you have to mess with the sprites for every palette on every class individually, adding up to almost 8,000 custom palettes you'd have to make). But yeah, other RK sprite sounds good.

#4 Ken

Ken

Dark Knight

• Player
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAincrad

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:45 AM

My thoughts:

-Priests certainly should be able to teleport to any field. Why? Because WoE. Although, I can certainly think of a few field maps where memoing should be disabled.

Maps that held mini bosses like Angeling , Devilng , Archangeling  and Ghostring right? yeah i think that's fair to be disabled it would be easy to camp them. but how about maps like for example to get red blood , wind of verdure , blue crystal and  the green nature? for knights we depend on elements unlike the arrows that grants you the ele you need /heh

About the voting system though im not sure if im not doing it right but i dont see points growing on my account.. o.o *confused look*

#5 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

About the voting system though im not sure if im not doing it right but i dont see points growing on my account.. o.o *confused look*

Yep, still having that problem.

#6 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

To be honest, I see no reasons why priest class shouldn't be able to do a warp portal to an MvP location to get his mate's help.

That's why we'll be changing /memo for sure :)

• Jen, NamiTheKat and Ken like this

#7 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

*Presses the Like This button on Rikter's comment*

What? there's a liking quota? D'aw, that sucks. :<

#8 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

To be honest, I see no reasons why priest class shouldn't be able to do a warp portal to an MvP location to get his mate's help.

That's why we'll be changing /memo for sure :)

Because priests aren't the only class with tp skill. The main problem of tp are suras who just go healer > tp > GFist > healer > tp > GFist.

At least enable all fields with exception of the ones that have MvPs on them. This would at least force suras to either tp around the map to find MvP again or drag it near the map warp which leaves some chances for other classes.

#9 Rikter

Rikter

• LeikaRO Founder
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Uh, I want to do something more about it. Sura wasn't supposed to spam GFist at all, unless finding ways to recover SP as there's no healer on official servers.

I might consider cutting down SP healing if last skill used was GFist, dunno. Something more specific, anyway.

#10 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

You can either do what I proposed or just increase official delay on sp recovery after GFist. In renewal if you use GFist, you can't replenish sp for 10 seconds iirc no matter what, even if you lvl up. Increasing delay would fuck up PvP though since PvP is always more serious and faster than PvM. That's why I'd rather make MvP maps impossible to warp to.

#11 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

Asura already applies the 10 sec debuff that prevents SP recovery.

As for /memo, the idea is allow it for most maps, excluding those with bosses but then again, you can just /memo next to the portal that leads to next level. Have to think about it.

#12 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

Asura already applies the 10 sec debuff that prevents SP recovery.

I know. I was talking about increasing it even more.

#13 Terpsichore

Terpsichore

why

• The Devil
  • 1042 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

It really isn't a big deal with current asura formula to be honest.

#14 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

tp are suras who just go healer > tp > GFist > healer > tp > GFist.

At least enable all fields with exception of the ones that have MvPs on them. This would at least force suras to either tp around the map to find MvP again or drag it near the map warp which leaves some chances for other classes.

Yup. All the scrubs be abusing the healer, while I'm over here using conventional methods of SP recovery, like logging in and out to initiate recovery and assimilate power 'n' shit.

#15 NamiTheKat

NamiTheKat

IceMaiden

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLowly sinners,as each we are, Aspire to the domed heav'ns. Fickle fate points beyond, Where a supine city beckons!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

well i am happy i made it here... here are few things i noted and want to share / or ask ^_^

commands like @go/ storage / field warps also not working... Why we dont have eden option in kafra warp? esp in prontera need to walk all way south and back :P

Edited by NamiTheKat, 21 October 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#16 Byte

Byte

Puppetmaster

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

@go, @storage, and @warp are not available to players

the eden option in the warper is something we're aware of, and may be implemented soon

#17 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

we're aware of, and may be implemented soon

Just to throw this out there: considering there's an NPC in each town (but Prontera) dedicated to the Eden warp, I recommend you add that seperate NPC to Prontera as well, not just to the Kafra.

#18 Psor

Psor

Hunter Fly

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:29 PM

@go, @storage, and @warp are not available to players

Thanks you. I like it.

#19 Gionelles

Gionelles

Dolt.

• Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Agreed. Having @go and @storage is bad. Super bad. Onli fgts liek dat sht. itz fer baddeiz onli. i cri evri tiem.

#20 BeI

BeI

Mic Check

• Player
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

@go is bullcrap, let's face it. And as a sura I can say that allowing warps to MVP maps would make things WAY too easy, and making the Asura delay longer would screw everything up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users