Punishment for minor misdismeanor will generally begin with a warning, followed by a series of strikes of increased punishment, and culminate in a permanent ban. Serious infractions are met with immediate and permanent bans. If you believe that you've been punished unjustly, you're free to make an appeal by contacting a staff member ingame(@request), through the Forum or Discord.
Rule 1 - Censorship, Language, and General Etiquette
- Leika was founded on the belief that the excessive moderation of speech ultimately corrodes the community and turns people paranoid as they're constantly walking on eggshells.
Therefore, instead of enforcing draconian rules, we give people the opportunity to self-moderate and treat others the way they would like to be treated themselves. This approach also frees the staff from having to deal with petty disputes and other such nonsense.
Most topics are open to discussion and casual profanity will not get you banned.
Of course there are exceptions to this, as server's general integrity is more important than the freedom to run one's mouth:
|1) If someone is asking you to stop hurling insults towards them, or to tone down your excessive profanity, kindly do so. Behaving in a childish and aggressive manner is detrimental to the community as a whole. The staff will interfere when things get out of hand. To put it simply, acting like an idiot will not get you far.
|2) While no topic is off-limits per se, heated discussions which involve any sensitive subject such as politics, religions, race or sexuality rarely end well. Thus, the staff may step in to stop the discussion once insults start flying back and forth.
|3) Context is everything. Just because there's no profanity involved in an attack, doesn't mean you're free to constantly aggravate people. Likewise, profanity by itself doesn't mean much unless there's an ulterior motive. Players are encouraged to be civil with each other, and to solve petty disputes by themselves before bothering the staff about it.
|4) If you're being actively harassed in private even after telling them to drop it and using the /ignore feature, please contact the staff and provide evidence. Such behavior is not tolerated.
|5) The staff may engage in banter but will absolutely not tolerate demands, baseless accusations or plain insults. If you have issues with the behavior of a staff member, bring that complaint to the administration.
|6) Lying to the staff and crying wolf will be severely punished.
|7) The use of English is mandatory in #main and #map channels as this is an international server. It is also highly encouraged in Prontera but won't be enforced unless things get out of hand.
|8) Advertisement of most kinds will be met with a permanent ban. One exception are your personal streaming channels and such, as long as you're an actual player.
|9) Character, party and guild names/titles containing extreme profanity or personal attacks, are not allowed. You will be prompted to change them or face punishment.
|10) Spamming area skills and anything visually-intensive in cities will not be tolerated.
|11) Begging players or staff for zeny, items or help will not be tolerated.
All communications sent through Leika's game server belong to the sender. Players should reasonably expect and be entitled to a certain degree of privacy and are offered such. Only in the most serious cases of harassment, cheating or attempts to sabotage the server, we will require screenshots of private conversations.
Rule 2 - Mobs and MVPs
- Like on most servers, MVPs on Leika are Free-For-All. This means that MVPs will not be "tagged" to a certain player or party. Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate.
- Exceptions to this include MVPs summoned by Bloody Branch and Abracadabra. These MVPs belong to the player or group that summoned them, unless they have been abandoned.
- The use of supportive abilities on MVPs will be dealt with on a case by case basis. This does not mean you can support MVPs for the sake of being annoying or stalling. You must be actively fighting for it.
- Mob training for the purpose of mob dropping is not tolerated. This also applies to MVPs/Minibossess as well as Dead Branching.
- Kill-stealing can be prevented with the @noks command. The staff will not handle such cases.
- It is forbidden to manipulate monster spawns on a map, in particular making them spawn only in a singular location on the map, or blocking them from spawning regularly altogether e.g. by setting up an army of alt clients. Do not clog maps with idle alchemists & homunculus or similar, thereby preventing other players from killing the monsters.
Rule 3 - Good Sportsmanship
All players are expected to display a minimum of good sportsmanship during WoE.
The following rules apply to inside AND outside of the castle:
- Do not buff or debuff a competitor shortly before WoE.
- Do not obstruct targeting e.g. by dropping items or setting up autotrade merchants.
- Do not send any invitations (trade, party/guild invite) with the intention of disrupting gameplay.
- Do not obstruct defense setup prior to WoE start e.g. by blocking common trap spots.
- Do not change your guild emblem during WoE.
- Do not attempt to impersonate a competitor or copy/modify a competitor's guild emblem.
Rule 4 - Third Party Programs, Cheating, and Exploits
- Attempts to bot, cheat through third party programs or to bypass our GRF encryption will be met with an immediate and permanent ban for all accounts accessed by that IP.
- Don't screw yourself or your friends over.
- Using custom GRFs is generally not allowed. This includes for example sprite and sprite size changes. The only exception to this is a simple gray world or skill effect simplifying GRF for PvP purposes.
- Exploitation of voting and donation systems will be met with a permanent ban. This includes the use of multiple IPs/accounts for voting.
- AutoHotKey and similar programs are not allowed. In particular, automation which enables a clear combat-related benefit (such as spamming skills) or enables AFK-farming. Only simple macros for brewing are tolerated.
- Exploiting any in-progress content or improperly implemented features will not be tolerated. If things seem off then please report them and you may be rewarded.
- Avoidance of in-game punishment will be met with even harsher punishments.
- Multiclienting during automated/GM-hosted events and in Battlegrounds is not allowed.
Rule 5 - Account and Player Security
- Your account is your own responsibility. Choose a safe, secure password.
- If you choose to share your account or password(s) with other players or friends, you will hold only yourself responsible for the actions of others while playing your account.
- If you truly believe your account has been compromised, you may contact our staff for assistance.
Rule 6 - Staff & Discretion
- Staff members are expected to try their hardest to be unbiased when dealing with troublesome situations. However, certain high level staff members have the ability to act how they see fit. Do not believe that you can manipulate or influence them.
- Trying to impersonate Helpers/GMs/Admins will get you banned.
- Asking the staff if they can do something for you for money will result in a permanent ban.
Use your brain for anything else that isn't listed here.
"But I didn't know about that rule!" will never be a valid excuse.