Monsters are the creatures in the world that players can kill in order to gain experience to level up. Each monster has its own AI and some will react differently to players than others. When a player kills a monster, they receive experience and the monster may drop items upon dying. Some monsters are considered Bosses or MVPs, which are usually much stronger than other monsters, and typically summon other monsters to help them.
All monsters have a specific element, size, and race. Players can use this information to their advantage, using appropriate equipment, skills, and items to reduce received damage from monsters and increasing the damage they deal to monsters.
There are several types of characteristics of monsters:
- Looter: This monster will take items on the ground. When it is killed, the looted item will be dropped.
- Assist: This monster will assist other monsters of its kind by attacking the person the others are already attacking.
- Aggressive: This monster will begin to attack people once they are in its range of sight.
- Changes Target: This monster will change its current target under certain conditions.
- Cast Sensor: This monster will immediately target a player who is casting a skill on it.
- Detector: This monster can still attack people who are hidden using Hiding, Cloaking, and Stalk.
- Immovable: This monster cannot move unless it is forced to move by a skill (e.g. Jupitel Thunder).
- Non-attacker: This monster does not attack.
These monsters are variants of existing monsters that are stronger and offer greater experience. They have the same name as the original monster that they are based on with the addition of a suffix or prefix. All champion monsters have 20% larger sprites, an unique aura and give higher base experience and much higher job experience.
There are five types of champion monsters:
- Swift : These monsters have higher ASPD and MSPD, five times their Max HP and slightly higher ATK/MATK. Their additional skills include Snap and Two-Hand Quicken.
- Solid : These monsters have low Damage Motion Delay (harder to hitlock), lower ASPD and MSPD, considerably increased DEF/MDEF, five times their Max HP and slightly higher ATK/MATK. Their additional skills include Auto Guard and Endure.
- Chief : These monsters summon three of the regular versions of themselves. Additionally, they have five times their Max HP and slightly higher ATK/MATK. Their additional skills include Root and Call Slave.
- Furious : These monsters have higher AGI, five times their Max HP and considerably higher ATK/MATK. Their additional skills include Concentration and Random Element Attack.
- Elusive : These monsters have five times their Max HP and slightly higher ATK/MATK. Their additional skills include Illusionary Shadow and Invisibility.
|Element||Earth • Fire • Ghost • Holy • Neutral • Poison • Shadow • Undead • Water • Wind|
|Race||Angel • Brute • Demihuman • Demon • Dragon • Fish • Formless • Insect • Plant • Undead|
|Monster Rules and Info||Boss Protocol • Kill Stealing • MVP (Free for All) • Size|