Experience (abbreviated EXP) can refer to either Base Experience or Job Experience. Both types are required in order for a character to reach his or her full potential. Experience can be gained by killing monsters, completing quests, or through exchanging medals earned in Minigames.
Experienced earned from monsters is dependent on several factors: the level difference between the monster and player, modifiers, and whether or not the player is in a party on even share. Base Experience in actual numbers can be viewed on the Character Select screen.
- Note: MVPs are exempt from this system and always give 100% of their EXP (before other modifiers).
- Note: Regardless of who kills the monster, the player will earn EXP from that monster according to their own level.
- Note: On LeikaRO, the EXP Penalty for being too far above or below a monster's level has been removed, which means you will now gain 100% of the EXP from the monster killed even if it was 10 levels below you, and you will gain 40% bonus EXP for killing a monster 10 levels above you.
EXP adjustment on Level difference between monster and player
| Difference in Base Level
Above/Below Player Level
| EXP Earned |
(Of Monster's Base Rate)
|Monster level above player|
|+ 10 and onward||140%|
|- 1 and onward||100%|
|Monster level below player|
When hovering over the name of a monster, the color will change based on the difference between its level and the player's. In some cases it may take a moment for the correct color to appear, though this sometimes does not work either.
|Monster Level||Name Color|
|+10 and Higher than Player||File:BelowLevel.png|
|Within 10 of Player|
|-10 and Lower than Player||File:AboveLevel.png|
Experience is split between party members. For example, if a Wizard is sharing with a Priest and Monk, the experience gained by the monsters killed by all three will be equally distributed between the three of them. In a party of more than 2 characters, there is a 20% EXP bonus per character beyond 2. All players in a party must fall in a range not exceeding 30 Base Levels in order to share (ex. A group of level 90, 110 and 120 players may all share as they are within 30 base levels of each other. Were a level 89 character to join the party, share would be broken).
|Characters||Total EXP||Per Person|
Quest Experience Reward
- Many quests offer experience rewards for doing them.
- Note that you cannot gain more than one level from a single bucket of reward experience, if the experience rewards exceeds the experience required to level up by a huge amount.
- Battle Manuals do not increase experience gained from quests.
- Equipments that increase experience gained from monsters do not affect quest reward EXP.
- Formula : Max gain = (EXP requirement for current level)*2 - (Current EXP gathered in current level) - 1
- Gathering the experience when a player's current EXP% is close to zero will maximize the gain from a single amount.
- A level 60 non-transcendent character needs 69,000 Base EXP to level up. If that character has 10,000 EXP and completes the Lost Child Quest (90,000) EXP, the character will be level 61 with 31,000 XP toward next level.
The following skills, items, or effects can add to base or job experience gained via killing monsters:
- Lunar Blessings, Stellar Blessings, and Solar Blessings - for aligned monsters on the appropriate day
- Mental Sensing
- Am Mut Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Demi-Human targets
- Ancient Worm Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Demon targets
- Christmas Cookie Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Angel targets
- Explosion Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Dragon targets
- Gajomart Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Plant targets
- Gullinbursti Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Fish targets
- Iron Fist Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Formless targets
- Mini Demon Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Brute targets
- Merman Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Brute targets, for Archer class only
- Skeleton General Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Insect targets
- Zombie Prisoner Card - +10% Experience gained when defeating Undead (race) targets
- Dragon Killer (Dagger) - +10% Experience gained when defeating Dragon targets
- Slash (Mace) - +10% Experience gained when defeating Undead (race) targets
- Aumdura's Benefit - +5% experience when defeating Monsters. Obtained by turning in a Bijonfil Feather, which was a reward from pre-ordering the DS game
- Battle Manual - +50% experience, lasts 30 minutes
- Thick Battle Manual - +50% experience, lasts 1 hour
- HE Battle Manual - +100% experience, lasts 15 minutes
- Battle Manual x3 - +200% experience, lasts 30 minutes
- Job Battle Manual - +50% Job Experience, lasts 30 minutes. Stacks with normal Battle Manuals
- Experience "Tap" - +5% experience for each player beyond the first who has hit the monster or been hit by the monster's normal attack (up to a maximum 100%)
- Experience Events, such as double experience periods or map spotlights